Goodwood Duathlon 10th April 2011

Not a 100% bike race, but a bike is still used...




The race was at the Goodwood Race track (well run race by Portsmouth Triathletes) and consisted of a 4k run 24k bike then another 4k run (Duathlon). I was really looking forward to this race, as it meant I could get on my TT bike around the flat and perfect surface race track (surely it can't get any better on a TT bike). 90 people set off for a run around the track which I came in 3rd (I was a little surprised, as I am not normally a good runner). Overtook the first 2 guys in transition and headed onto the bike, which managed to pull away from the other guys. It gave me a nice gap to not panic in the final run and claimed 1st. Thus a happy Chap :o)

Gary


3 comments:

  1. Awesome Gary , any photos of your triumph ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm Mr Postie,

    So you want photographic evidence then, as don't you believe me ? ha

    Need to check if there were any official ones taken, as no one I knew took any...

    PS : Thinking what other races I can lie about next. Oh did I tell you about Paris Roubaix I also came 1st in that !!!!

    ReplyDelete