Ciclisti Vecchi Road Race, 10th April 2011

The first road race of the year is always a shock to the system. I thought entering a vets only race wouldn’t be too hard until I turned up to the stat of the Ciclisti Vecchi RR near Basingstoke yesterday. I was the fattest guy there. Oh dear. Quite a few are still racing as 1st cats and some of the 50+ guys are really fast. The 50 mile event for 40 -55 year olds was well run, quite fast, 2 hours on a good, safe, undulating course near Alton. It was a war of attrition on the two climbs on the circuit. In the end I was 13th overall and 5th in my age group which wasn’t too bad as I’ve only ridden my road bike a few times this year. I would say the standard is 2-3 in BCF terms. All over 40’s are welcome to LVRC races. The age groups are in five year groupings. Races are cheap at £8 an entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment