Thetford Summer Enduro

Thetford Forest, Suffolk - 29th June 2013

Looking for a race in June I came across the 4,6,8 and 10 hour Enduro in Thetford Forest home of Dusk to Dawn, I couldn't get any takers to join me probably the thought of me driving home after a 8 hr ride. At the registration tent I bumped into Fay Cripps up in Norfolk visiting her folks so she popped down to get in a little 6hr training ride.
The course was 8 miles, dry, dusty, pretty flat and with the only real climb to negotiate 800 yds from the finish. Not my kind of track being fast but I really enjoyed it as did Fay who managed 8 laps coming home 1st and I did 10 laps for 8th. I highly recommend it for next year, will have to watch the weather though as I think it could be pretty bad if wet.


No comments:

Post a Comment