Haywards Heath Triathlon

Sunday 29th April was my first "Triathlon" racing under SDB and boy what horrible weather it was (many other events had been cancelled, so we got lucky). Strong wind and rain with twigs and leaves all over the road. The race was a 400m pool swim, 25km bike then a 5k hilly run.

I only entered earlier in the week as wanted a bit of a "pick me up", as felt frustrated with some recent road races where I wanted to position better than I did (no change there then). The TT course was tough, what with the winds and rolling hills, but posted the 3rd fastest swim, fastest bike time and 6th run in the male category. I finished 1st out of 96 overall, but unfortunately I could not claim my goodies as had to shoot off to watch my 4 year old's first football "match", which was highly entertaining...... Next week I have Steyning Tri (800m swim, 36km bike & 8km run), which even though is a local event, it attracts a lot of good triathletes around the South East, so lets see if I can continue my luck - cant see I will position top 3 but a top 5 would be respectful.

No comments:

Post a Comment