Gorrick Spring Series Round 2

Alex Taylor & Ben Connor
The dry weather and open trails created a fast flowing course with one major climb, a loose scrabbily vertical wall of a hill! The sunshine also meant one of the largest entries at a Gorrick I can remember.

A decent turn out for the club. There was a trio of South Downs Bikes jerseys in the Masters race with myself, Alex T and Matt. Steve rode the Super Vets, Mr Petherbridge in the Grand Vets and James B in Sport.


Ian Petherbridge
Alex and I were nose to tail the entire race but he just pipped me on the final lap for 15th with Matt wrestling his fully rigid bike around for 24th.


Ian was an agonising few seconds away from a podium place in 5th. James put in some impressive lap times for 7th in the Sport race. Not sure what the story was with Steve who didn't complete the four laps.
James Bailey


(I don't think I could have faced that hill a 4th time either!)


No comments:

Post a Comment