Alex Taylor's View of the Gorrick


Going into round 1 of the Gorrick Spring Series I was prepared and ready, Then like most people I was hit with man flu (what a blow). With this in mind, mentally I was not in the best place but I got all my stuff ready and set off for round 1.When I got there Steve Calland had just cruised thought to win the masters.I had put Bonty Mud X's on and after my pre ride lap I soon realised this was not the best choice, so when I got back to the car I had about 20 mins to change then to my Geax Mezcal's I put them on grip direction and I think this was a good move in the end. Going into the first corner it was quite busy, being a field of 65. We all soon found out our speed and I was with a group of 5 and kept with them. Then 2 of us broke away and stayed away, it stayed like that for the rest of the race. We past 2 more but we were caught by someone who crashed previously (he was going well). I was so pleased with how the race went I finished 20th with consistent lap times only dropping 1 min each lap. Now I can look forward to round 2 on the 6th Feb at Heath Warren Woods with a bit more confidence. I'll blog again then to let you all know how things are going.

Alex Taylor.
Looking at your photo mate you were going so fast the trees were catching on fire !!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment