The Story So Far Rd 1 Brass Monkeys



Porridgepot Hill was the venue change for rd1 usually home for the dusty , hot Are You Tough Enough Army Enduro in July but despite the sub-zero temps the course was actually faster with perma -frosted berms and drop offs this was going to be a quick course.


Ian
10.30 and the 4hr cats were off with high hopes for James and Ian , and despite a puncture James podiumed in 2nd and Ian with a bodyfull of nuuns in him to try and keep the cramp at bay came in 6th !



Damian
John had a brilliant 21st with no mechanicals which had haunted him most of the year .Damian had a very good 39th ! and poor French Dave suffering catastrophic poor prep only completing one fast lap , next time mate !



Matt
4hr male saw Mat put in a 23rd after saying he lost the plot on the penultimate lap , with Ben finishing just behind him.


2hr vets was the cat I was entered and even after a panic attack on our arrival on which I had found my shifters had frozen solid on Johns roof rack but easily cured with hot coffee poured over them. This was my first outing since August and my new medication and I was well pleased with a 16th place and I felt pretty good so look forward to improving in rd 2.


Paddy

Gary and Paddy both passed me in there 2hr male cats but later said they could have paced themselves better !
Gary
But a great effort lads and good turnout in very cold conditions. James sorry we didn't wait for your presentation hope you understand we needed warmth , I know there will be more opportunity's to see you podium !



1 comment:

  1. Well done guys it was great course, much better than the original venue. James, was waiting for you to lap me but I survived only due to a your puncture. Sorry we didn't hang around but the warmth of the car prevailed

    ReplyDelete